Letter of advice on co-ownership
A letter advising on methods of co-ownership. The letter is intended for use when co-owners initially purchase a property. The letter assumes that there will be two co-owners but can be adapted for use where there are more than two co-owners.
For further information on co-ownership and severance, see:
- Practice note, Co-ownership and severing a joint tenancy.
- Practice note, Declarations of trust for jointly owned property.
- Joint Land Registry and Law Society practice note: Joint ownership (January 2013).
- LR Practice Guide 24 - Private trusts of land.
- Standard document, Letter severing a joint tenancy.
See Standard clauses and drafting notes for clauses that can be used to adapt this document.