Public sector transparency programme and future transparency developments
A practice note on the government's transparency programme and future developments in the transparency agenda. The note:
- Provides an overview of the government's transparency requirements.
- Summarises some of the relevant guidance on implementing the transparency requirements.
- Highlights some of the privacy implications of the transparency requirements.
- Looks at the impact of the transparency requirements on public procurement processes.
- Looks at future legal developments in relation to transparency and rights to data.
- Provides a checklist to help public sector lawyers advise their organisations on the transparency requirements.