On 17 June 2008, the following clauses of, and Schedule to, the Finance Bill 2008 were agreed, unamended unless otherwise stated, by the Public Bill Committee of the House of Commons:
1. Clause 147 (Air passenger duty).
2. Clause 148 (Stamp duty and stamp duty reserve tax: alternative finance investment bonds). Minor government amendments agreed (see Legal update, Finance Bill 2008: government tables amendments covering alternative finance arrangements, R&D tax relief and non-domiciliaries)
3. Clauses 149 to 151 and Schedule 46 (Alternative property finance: anti-avoidance, power to vary, government borrowing). The minister announced that a consultation document relating to possible double charges to stamp duty land tax in public issues of sharia-compliant debt will be published on 26 June.
4. Clause 152 (Power of Treasury to make payments).
5. Clause 153 (Payments from certain Exchequer accounts: mechanism).
6. Clause 154 (Power to give statutory effect to concessions).
7. Clause 155 (Fuel duty: definition of "ultra low sulphur diesel").
8. Clause 156 (Duties: abolition of disregard of fractions of penny).
9. Clauses 157 (National savings).
10. Clause 158 (EU emissions trading: criminal offences).
The debate on clause 22 (periods of residence) was adjourned before the clause was agreed. The minister stated that the government is looking at whether a statutory test of individual residence could be developed.
Source: 21st sitting Commons Committee stage debate (17 June, morning)
and 22nd sitting Commons Committee stage debate (17 June, afternoon)