OnePass is coming to Practical Law!
OnePass is a highly secure method of logging in that provides enhanced security for your account. The change to OnePass sign in is part of a series of upgrades we are undertaking to enhance our customers' user experience. All Practical Law customers will begin using OnePass over the next few months. We're staggering the transition of our entire customer base to make sure we can give you the full attention and support you need during this change. For FAQs about OnePass click here.
How to Set Up OnePass
The process of setting up OnePass is quick and seamless and should take no longer than a few minutes:
- From the date of your rollout, when you log into the Practical Law website, you'll see a pop-up message, asking you to set up OnePass access. You can choose to delay setting up OnePass access up to three times.
- When you click "Register for OnePass":
- If you already have OnePass registered with the same email address as your Practical Law account, your Practical Law subscription will be added automatically to your OnePass account.
- If you do not already have OnePass or you have OnePass registered with a different email address, you will be guided to a form to select a new username and password, and set some security questions. If you want to update an existing OnePass account rather than create a new one, click "Update your profile" at the top of this form.
- You will then need to log in using your OnePass username and password.
Questions or Concerns
Please contact our Subscriber Services department at (888) 529-6397, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (ET), Monday through Friday.Or e-mail us anytime: firstname.lastname@example.org.