- Practice Notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Tax data for individuals and trustees
- Interest rates for private client practitioners
- Resources for charities
- Finding key resources in Practical Law Private Client
- Resources for those new to private client practice
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Must charity trustees obtain and consider "proper advice" from someone with professional qualifications before entering into a mortgage (sections 124-125, Charities Act 2011)?
- Where the sole beneficiary under the intestacy rules is a minor, must an agreement to settle an Inheritace Act 1975 claim be approved by the court?
- Is it possible to transfer a deceased's share in a partnership to trustees of a life interest trust?
- Can the residence nil rate band be claimed where there is an intervening life interest in favour of the spouse?
- Does the presumption of advancement still exist?
- Court of Protection considers differences between health and welfare and property and financial affairs LPAs
- Private Client news round-up to 26 May 2016
- Charity Commission consults on new trustee disqualification power
- Court of Appeal reduces daughter's award in proprietary estoppel claim against farming parents
- Court used inherent jurisdiction to decide on rights over deceased's body (High Court)
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.