Nature of practice and clients
Founded on almost a century of legal achievement, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas started anew in May 2015, with offices in six major cities in India (New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Ahmedabad and Gurgaon). Together with our Executive Chairman, Shardul S. Shroff, our partners and associates bring to the new firm a renewed energy, building on the experience and reputation of Amarchand & Mangaldas and Suresh A. Shroff and Co.
Our mission is enabling business by providing solutions as trusted advisers, through excellence, responsiveness, innovation and collaboration. We are proud to be the exclusive Indian member firm for the prestigious Lex Mundi network of independent law firms around the world.
Being a full service law firm, our service offerings include a variety of specialisations. Focusing on the needs of our clients, we work in and across a number of core practice areas:
- General corporate:
- Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Joint ventures (JVs) and Collaborations.
- Private Equity.
- Real Estate.
- Technology, Media, and Telecommunications.
- Projects and Project Finance.
- Capital Markets.
- Banking and Finance.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Dispute Resolution.
- Competition Law.
- Policy and Regulatory.
Each of these areas is served by a dedicated practice group, with partners and associates at all levels providing clients with a focused and cost-effective service.
Many of our lawyers are thought leaders, who are at the forefront of debates on legislative and regulatory changes. Senior members of the Firm are regularly invited to participate in government committees and have been involved in the drafting of important legislations such as the Companies Act and the Takeover Code.
- Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & CoAdvocates & SolicitorsAmarchand Towers,216 Okhla Industrial Estate, Phase III,New Delhi 110 020T+91 11 4159 0700, 4060 6060F+91 11 2692 4900Contact:Pallavi ShroffMore offices
MumnaiExpress Towers,Nariman Point,Mumbai 400 021T+91 22 4933 5555
41/42, Lloyds Centre Point, 4th FloorAppasaheb Marathe Marg,Prabhadevi,Mumbai 400 025T+91 22 2438 1196F+91 22 2438 1197
Lentin ChambersDalal Street,Fort,Mumbai 400 023,T+91 22 2265 0500F+91 22 2265 9811Contact: Akshay Chudasama
BengaluruPrestige Sterling Square,Madras Bank Road,Off Lavelle Road,Bengaluru 560 001Contact: Jatin Aneja
GurgaonMPD Towers, 6th Floor,DLF Phase V, Sector 43, Golf Course Road,Gurgaon 122 022T+91 124 459 5150, 436 7734F+91 124 436 7730Contact: Amit Kumar
Ahmedabad301-302, Parshwanath E-square,Corporate Road, Prahladnagar,Ahmedabad 380 015T+91 79 4900 9200, 2929 7831F+91 79 4900 9250Contact: Pankaj Agarwal
KolkataAnand Lok, 227 A.J.C. Bose Road,Kolkata 700 020T+91 33 4010 8400, 2283 6748F+91 33 2290 2349Contact: Siddhartha Datta
- Private client law in India: overview
- Class/collective actions in India: overview
- Merger control in India: overview
- Restraints of trade and dominance in India: overview
- Merger notification flowchart: India
- Acquisition finance in India: overview
- Investing in India
- Corporate governance and directors' duties in India: overview
- Private mergers and acquisitions in India: market analysis overview
- Market analysis in India under Narendra Modi: dawn of a new age or the next future shock?