Nature of practice and clients
Anderson Mori & Tomotsune is a full-service law firm formed by the merger and consolidation of the practices of three leading Japanese law firms: Anderson Mori, which established its reputation as one of the largest and most established international law firms in Japan since its inception in the early 1950s; Tomotsune & Kimura, particularly known for its expertise in international finance transactions; and Bingham Sakai Mimura Aizawa, a premier international insolvency/restructuring and crisis-management firm.
Our combined firm provides an exceptionally powerful value proposition. Housing all of these synergistic practices under one roof, and further increasing the scale of our resources, we are well-positioned to: (1) better serve a wide client base; (2) provide even more prompt and accurate advice across a broader spectrum of legal issues; and (3) handle the largest transactions in Japan, including those which are cross-sectoral and extremely complex.
Our combined expertise enables us to deliver advice on virtually all legal issues that may arise from a corporate transaction, including M&A, finance, capital markets, restructuring/insolvency, and litigation/arbitration. The majority of our lawyers are multi-lingual and experienced with communicating, drafting and negotiating across borders around the globe.
With a long tradition of serving the international business and legal communities, our superior expertise, coupled with our standing as one of the largest law firms in Japan, translates to not only high quality services but also time and cost efficiencies, which we share with our clients.
Our main office is in Tokyo. We also maintain offices in Nagoya, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore, and Ho Chi Minh City, and operate a Jakarta Desk.
Anderson Mori & Tomotsune
- 13F, Nagoya Mitsui New Building24-20, Meieki Minami 1-chomeNakamura-ku, Nagoya,Aichi 450-0003JapanT+81 52 533 4770F+81 52 533 4772
- Beijing Fortune Building, Room 809No. 5, Dong San Huan BeiluChao Yang Qu, Beijing 100004People's Republic of ChinaJapanT+86 10 6590 9060F+86 10 6590 9062
- 40F, Shanghai World Financial Center100 Century AvenuePudong New AreaShanghai 200120People's Republic of ChinaT+86 21 6160 2311F+86 21 6160 2312
9 Raffles Place #17-01, Republic PlazaSingapore 048619T+65 6645 1000F+65 6536 7175
- Establishing a business in Japan
- Gaming in Japan: overview
- Restructuring and insolvency in Japan: overview
- Investing in real estate in Japan: control and economic rights over investments in the TMK, TK-GK and J-REIT
- Private mergers and acquisitions in Japan: overview
- Franchising in Japan: overview
- Merger control in Japan: overview
- Restraints of trade and dominance in Japan: overview
- Merger notification flowchart: Japan
- Cartel leniency in Japan: overview