Nature of practice and clients
Basham, Ringe y Correa is one of the leading and largest international full-service law firms in Latin America. Established in 1912, Basham draws on a century of experience in assisting its clients in conducting business throughout Mexico. The firm's clients include financial institutions, individuals, medium-sized companies and prominent international corporations, such as The Coca-Cola Company, Ford and Colgate Palmolive.
The specialisation and development of each department of the firm, the co-ordination and support among the different practice areas, and the in-depth knowledge of markets and economic trends provide the firm's clients with innovative, practical and timely solutions to their concerns.
The firm's lawyers actively participate in worldwide associations as well as in cross-border transactions, which has promoted the exchange of information and experience. This in turn improves the firm's growing capacity to serve its clients by constantly adjusting to the dynamics of the global business environment.
The firm encourages the participation of its lawyers in pro bono work for charitable institutions and non-profit organisations. For this purpose, the firm has created the Basham, Ringe y Correa Pro Bono Foundation.
Although Basham is a full-service law firm, it is also considered a specialised firm due to the high level of expertise in each practice area. Some of our legal services are: aerospace; anti-trust; banking and finance; capital markets; commercial litigation and arbitration; insolvency; corporate criminal litigation; environmental; foreign trade; intellectual property; labour; mergers and acquisitions; mining, oil and gas; real estate; tax planning and litigation.
- Transfer pricing in Mexico: overview
- Employment and employee benefits in Mexico: overview
- Charitable organisations in Mexico: overview
- Electricity regulation in Mexico: overview
- Oil and gas regulation in Mexico: overview
- Tax litigation in Mexico: overview
- EIA application process for the development of renewable energy in Mexico: the importance of public consultation
- Patent litigation in Mexico: overview
- Shareholders' rights in private and public companies in Mexico: overview
- Doing business in Mexico