Nature of practice and clients
Chandler MHM Limited (CMHM) is a Bangkok-based, uniquely strong law firm that delivers high quality advice to clients across Asia, particularly on complex, cross-border transactions. CMHM was established in 2017 through the integration of Chandler & Thong-ek and Mori Hamada & Matsumoto, two top-tier firms in the Asia-Pacific region. The firm's strength draws on more than 40 years' experience in Southeast Asia's emerging markets, and on-the-ground know-how in Thailand, Japan, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore, Yangon and Jakarta. Principle practice areas include: banking and project financing, energy and infrastructure, corporate, mergers and acquisitions, securities, litigation, restructuring and insolvency, tax and regulatory, and labour and employment law. CMHM is one of the few local law firms with Thai, Japanese and Western-qualified lawyers.
The firm's lawyers are particularly sought out for their experience in energy, natural resources, and infrastructure projects, drawing on integrated practice expertise to deliver legal solutions that are practical, innovative, and consistently responsive to clients' needs. Partners Satoshi Kawai, Ratana Poonsombudlert, Jessada Sawatdipong and Albert T. Chandler are consistently ranked as leading lawyers in major international directories.
Recent recognition includes*:
- The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017 – Top Tier Firm.
- Chambers Asia Pacific 2017 – Top Ranked/Leading Firm.
- IFLR1000 (Financial & Corporate) 2017 – Top Tier Firm.
- IFLR1000 (Energy & Infrastructure) 2016 – Top Tier Firm.
- Asialaw Profiles 2017 – Outstanding Law Firm.
- IFLR 2016 – National Law Firm of the Year (Thailand).
- ASIAN-MENA COUNSEL In-House Community 2016: Firm of the Year and Most Responsive Domestic Law Firm (Thailand).
- Asian Legal Business 2016 – Tier I (Mergers & Acquisitions).
* Awards refer to Chandler & Thong-ek.