Nature of practice and clients
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP is a leading international law firms widely recognised for its expertise in finance, mergers and acquisitions and competition/anti-trust law, as well as for its litigation, tax and regulatory practice.
The firm was founded in 1946 by lawyers committed to excellence in the practice of law, the highest ethical standards and diversity and individuality in its lawyers.
Organised and operated as a single, integrated global partnership (rather than a US firm with a network of overseas offices), Cleary Gottlieb employs approximately 1,200 lawyers from more than 50 countries and diverse backgrounds who are admitted to practice in various jurisdictions around the world.
The firm operates out of 16 offices located in New York, Washington, Paris, Brussels, London, Moscow, Frankfurt, Cologne, Rome, Milan, Hong Kong, Beijing, Buenos Aires, São Paulo, Seoul and Abu Dhabi.
- Financing acquisitions of companies in the UK and the US
- Taming the predators: limiting abusive shareholder action in Germany
- The Prospectus Directive: creating a single European passport
- Italian company law reform
- Sarbanes-Oxley and high-yield debt
- The caretaker commission
- A call to arms for in-house counsel over privilege
- Creating a privileged position