Nature of practice and clients
A global force
We are one of the world’s leading law firms. We have over 2,800 lawyers, including 460 partners, in over 20 offices spanning Asia, Europe, Australia, the US and the Middle East. But our reach goes much wider than that: we work for some of the biggest and most ambitious multinationals across all major regions of the world. As the largest, fully-integrated law firm in Asia Pacific, we provide our clients with unparalleled depth of expertise as the economic importance of this region continues to grow. We apply this understanding gained from operating globally to give clients the knowledge and insight they seek in their local home market.
An instinct for people, relationships and business
Our lawyers possess a rare combination of qualities that goes far beyond technical ability. We seek to build exceptional working relationships with our clients and, by doing so, we are able to develop a deeper understanding of their organisation, give them commercially astute, innovative advice and deliver better business outcomes.
A smarter way
Our originality, independence and diversity of thought mean we always approach issues from a different angle, enabling us to see things that others don’t. It’s a way of working which ensures that our clients will receive fresh thinking, innovative advice and sharper answers.
Herbert Smith Freehills LLPExchange House, Primrose StreetLondon, EC2A 2EGEnglandT+44 20 7374 8000F+44 20 7374 0888More offices
Herbert Smith Freehills LLP28th Floor Office TowerBeijing Yintai Centre2 Jianguomenwai AvenueChaoyang DistrictBeijing 100022T+86 10 6535 5000F+86 10 6535 5055
Herbert Smith Freehills LLP23rd Floor Gloucester Tower15 Queen's Road CentralHong KongT+852 2845 6639F+852 2845 9099
Herbert Smith Freehills LLP38th Floor, Bund Center222 Yan An Road EastShanghai 200002T+86 21 2322 2000F+86 21 2322 2322
- Arbitrating under the HKIAC Administered Arbitration Rules (2013): a step-by-step guide
- Disclosure of tax avoidance schemes under DOTAS: direct tax
- Corporate hospitality, gifts and entertainment: China
- Company incorporation documents: China
- A guide to the CIETAC Arbitration Rules (2015)
- Arbitrating under the HKIAC Administered Arbitration Rules (2008): a step-by-step guide
- A guide to the CIETAC Arbitration Rules (2012)
- HKIAC arbitration (2008 Rules) flowchart
- Commencing HKIAC arbitration (2013 Rules): Answer to Notice of Arbitration: covering letter
- Commencing HKIAC arbitration (2013 Rules): Answer to Notice of Arbitration and drafting note