Nature of practice and clients
Houthoff Buruma is a long-established Netherlands-based law firm with well over 250 lawyers worldwide. The firm's lawyers serve a global client portfolio with a strong focus in areas of corporate/M&A, dispute resolution and finance. The firm's lawyers, civil law notaries and tax lawyers offer top-quality legal expertise and an active commitment to remaining on the cutting edge of the latest developments. Our lawyers focus on Dutch and EU legal aspects, however, we have offices in London, Brussels and New York giving us presence on the ground where needed for our cross-border work. Houthoff Buruma works on a permanent non-exclusive basis with law firms in London and New York, as well as major firms in other global economic centers. Our firm is also the exclusive Lex Mundi firm for the Netherlands. Being a member in this global network of premier law firms gives us access to over 120 jurisdictions around the globe.
Traditionally Houthoff Buruma is an outgoing firm, early to identify client needs and market opportunities. Houthoff Buruma has strong ties with Chinese clients and has an extensive practice in Brazil and many of the African countries. Houthoff Buruma is continuously listed as a top tier firm by international client guides, including Chambers, IFLR1000 and Legal 500. In 2014, we won the Law Firm of the Year Benelux Award from The Lawyer, the only Benelux law firm to receive this award twice.
Houthoff BurumaGustav Mahlerplein 501082 MA AmsterdamThe NetherlandsT +31 (0)20 605 60 00F +31 (0)20 605 67 00More offices
- Weena 3553013 AL RotterdamThe NetherlandsT+31 (0)10 217 20 00F+31 (0)10 217 27 00
- Boulevard de l'Empereur 51000 BrusselsBelgiumT+32 (0)2 507 9800F+32 (0)2 507 9898
- 33 Sun StreetLondon EC2M 2PYUnited KingdomT+44 (0)20 7422 5050F+44 (0)20 7422 0022
- 120 West 45th Street, 19th floorNew York, NY 10036United StatesT+1 212 403 6701
- Class/collective actions in The Netherlands: overview
- Insolvency and directors' duties in The Netherlands: overview
- Equity capital markets in The Netherlands: regulatory overview
- Debt capital markets in The Netherlands: regulatory overview
- Shareholders' rights in private and public companies in The Netherlands: overview
- Investment funds in The Netherlands: regulatory overview
- Doing business in The Netherlands