Nature of practice and clients
Maples and Calder was founded almost 50 years ago and today is a leading international law firm advising financial, institutional, business and private clients around the world on the laws of the Cayman Islands, Ireland and the British Virgin Islands.
With over 700 lawyers and support staff spanning seven jurisdictions, Maples and Calder is known worldwide for the quality of its lawyers. Senior lawyers at the firm are market leaders in their areas of expertise. The extensive experience of the practitioners, the depth of the team and a collegiate approach are main characteristics of the firm. This enables the firm to provide the highest quality legal advice to its clients on transactions ranging from the commoditised to the largest and most complex deals.
Maples and Calder has a network of offices around the world comprised of locations which include the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London and Singapore. The service provided is enhanced by the strong relationships the firm has developed with leading legal counsel in the major financial and commercial centres around the globe, delivering time zone convenience and a global multi-office capability. For fiduciary and fund services requirements, the firm provides a seamless, "one stop shop" capability through its affiliate, MaplesFS.
Maples and CalderPO Box 309Ugland HouseSouth Church StreetGeorge TownGrand CaymanKY1-1104Cayman IslandsT+1 345 949 8066F+1 345 949 8080
British Virgin Islands
- Sea Meadow HousePO Box 173Road TownTortolaVG1110British Virgin IslandsT+1 284 852 3000F+1 284 852 3097
- 5th Floor, The Exchange BuildingDubai International Financial CentreDubaiPO Box 119980United Arab EmiratesT+971 4 360 4070F+971 4 360 4080
- 75 St. Stephen's GreenDublin 2IrelandT+353 1 619 2000F+353 1 619 2001
- 53rd Floor, The Center99 Queen's Road CentralHong KongT+852 2522 9333F+852 2537 2955
- 11th Floor200 Aldersgate StreetLondonEC1A 4HDUnited KingdomT+44 20 7466 1600F+44 20 7466 1700
- 1 Raffles Place#32-02A One Raffles Place048616SingaporeT+65 6922 8400F+65 6222 2236
- Private client law in Cayman Islands: overview
- Private mergers and acquisitions in the British Virgin Islands: overview
- Cross border: the legal and practical advantages of incorporating a real estate holding company in the British Virgin Islands (BVI)
- Debt capital markets in Ireland: regulatory overview
- Debt capital markets in Cayman Islands: regulatory overview
- Equity capital markets in Cayman Islands: regulatory overview
- Equity capital markets in Ireland: regulatory overview
- Charges: Companies Act 2014 (Ireland)
- Public limited companies: Companies Act 2014 (Ireland)
- Insolvency: Companies Act 2014 (Ireland)