Nature of practice and clients
Mori Hamada & Matsumoto is one of the largest full-service law firms in Japan, with its principal office in Tokyo, with branch offices in Osaka, Nagoya and Fukuoka, and overseas offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore, Bangkok and Yangon. The firm provides comprehensive assistance on cross-border transactions and disputes. Over half of the firm’s work is international in nature and its clients include multinational corporations from a wide range of sectors, including banking, insurance, finance, telecoms, information technology, real estate and manufacturing.
The firm regularly advises on large and complex cross-border transactions, particularly in M&A and finance. The firm has a strong international capital markets (including JREITS) and asset management practice and was instrumental in the development of the Japanese syndicated loan and securitisation markets. The firm has also been a leader in the growing private equity market in Japan. The firm is widely regarded for its expertise in Japanese insolvency and restructuring proceedings and complex litigation, arbitration and regulatory proceedings, particularly in banking and securities, intellectual property, information technology and antitrust. The firm’s intellectual property practice is known for its work in rapidly developing technologies, such as telecommunications and information services. Other core practice areas include antitrust, tax and labour law.
Many of our lawyers join or advise various government, sector and industry committees and working groups, including the Financial Services Agency, the Japan Securities Dealers’ Association, the Tokyo Stock Exchange, the Association for Financial Instruments and Exchange Act Studies, the Capital Markets Forum, and the ASEAN+3 Bond market Forum.
- Mori Hamada & MatsumotoMarunouchi Park Building,2-6-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku,Tokyo 100-8222, JapanT+81-3-6212-8330 (Public Relations)F+81-3-6212-8230 (Public Relations)
17th Floor, GRAND FRONT OSAKA TOWER A4-20 Ofukacho, Kita-ku, Osaka 530-0011T+81-6-6377-9400F+81-6-6377-9401
9th Floor, Dai-san Horiuchi Building,4-6-23 Meieki Nakamura-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 450-0002T+81-52-446-8660F+81-52-446-8661
9th Floor, Tenjin Twin Building1-6-8 Tenjin, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka-shiFukuoka 810-0001T+81-92-739-8140F+81-92-739-8141
Beijing Fortune Bldg., Suite 9135 Dong San Huan Bei LuChaoyang District, Beijing 100004The People's Republic of ChinaT+86-10-6590-9292F+86-10-6590-9290
6th Floor, Hang Seng Bank Tower,1000 Lujiazui Ring Road,Pudong New Area, Shanghai 200120The People's Republic of ChinaT+86-21-6841-2500F+86-21-6841-2811
16 Raffles Quay,#16-04 Hong Leong Building,Singapore 048581T+65-6593-9750F+65-6593-9751
16th Floor, Bubhajit Building, 20 North Sathorn Road,Bangkok 10500, ThailandT+66-2-633-8288F+66-2-633-8289
#1603, 16th Floor, Sakura Tower339 Bogyoke Aung San RoadKyauktada Township, Yangon, MyanmarT+95-1-255134F+95-1-255143
- Amendments to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and Relevant Issues
- Tax: Japan: International Acquisitions
- Electricity regulation in Japan: overview Q&A
- Signing, closing and opinions: Japan: International Acquisitions
- Preliminary agreements: Japan: International Acquisitions
- Consideration and acquisition finance: Japan: International Acquisitions
- Acquisition structures: Japan: International Acquisitions
- Share acquisition documents: Japan: International Acquisitions
- Doing business in Japan
- Private equity in Japan: market and regulatory overview