Nature of practice and clients
Nishith Desai Associates (NDA) is a research based international law firm with offices in Mumbai, Bangalore, Silicon Valley, Singapore, New Delhi and Munich. We specialise in strategic legal, regulatory and tax advice coupled with industry expertise in an integrated manner. We focus on niche areas in which we provide significant value and are invariably involved in select highly complex, innovative transactions. Our key clients include marquee repeat Fortune 500 clientele.
Core practice areas include International Tax, International Tax Litigation, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Fund Formation, Fund Investments, Capital Markets, Employment and HR, Intellectual Property, Corporate & Securities Law, Competition Law, Mergers & Acquisitions, JVs & Restructuring, General Commercial Law and Private Client. Our specialised industry niches include financial services, IT and telecom, education, pharma and life sciences, media and entertainment, real estate and infrastructure.
Our research oriented approach has also led to the team members being recognized and felicitated for thought leadership. We believe strongly in constant knowledge expansion and have developed dynamic Knowledge Management (KM®) and Continuing Education (CE®) programs, conducted both in-house and for select invitees. KM and CE programs cover key events, global and national trends as they unfold and examine case studies, debate and analyse emerging legal, regulatory and tax issues, serving as an effective forum for cross pollination of ideas.
- Gaming in India: overview
- Commercialisation of healthcare in India: overview
- Communications: regulation and outsourcing in India: overview
- Tax on corporate transactions in India: overview
- Victory for Vodafone in Indian Supreme Court: the final conclusion or another twist in the tale?
- What happens on the outsourcer's insolvency: a comparison of relevant insolvency principles in the US, India and China