Nature of practice and clients
Ramparts is a European law firm based in Gibraltar. We provide legal advice on Gibraltar, UK and EU law matters and commercial support on a wide range of business issues. Our focus is on advising and providing solutions within the context of an increasingly multi-national cross-border law framework. In addition, we have an international network of trusted law firms and specialist advisers to assist us meet our client's requirements.
We are dedicated to providing bespoke commercial, corporate and regulatory advice covering dispute resolution, employment matters, consumer law, commercial contracts, cross-border law and compliance, intellectual property and licensing, regulatory guidance and tax matters.
We work as a trusted partner with a number of large multi-national clients (FTSE and Nasdaq listed) and also with entrepreneurs and innovative growth companies.
Ramparts is specialist law firm in the following sectors:
Gaming, technology and e-commerce. We assist a range of technology and internet focused companies including new media companies, internet service providers, technology innovators and online betting and gaming operators. In 2013, Ramparts' founder Peter Howitt was appointed as the CEO of the Gibraltar Betting and Gaming Association.
Financial services. We work with a range of multi-national payment service providers and corporate finance clients and assist them in relation to a wide variety of issues including obtaining authorisation and passporting, insurance, banking, fund structuring and administration, and e-money and prepaid card issuance. In 2012, Ramparts' founder Peter Howitt was appointed as the Secretary of the Gibraltar E-Money Association.
- Employment and employee benefits in Gibraltar: overview
- Patents, trade marks, copyright and designs in Gibraltar: overview
- Lending and taking security in Gibraltar: overview
- IP in business transactions: Gibraltar overview
- Restructuring and insolvency in Gibraltar: overview
- Investment funds in Gibraltar: regulatory overview
- Doing business in Gibraltar
- Regulation of state and supplementary pension schemes in Gibraltar: overview