Nature of practice and clients
Founded in 1865, Ropes & Gray LLP is a leading global law firm with more than 1,100 attorneys in 11 offices in New York, Washington, D.C., Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, London, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo. Our lawyers and staff are fluent in 46 languages, including 42 attorneys fluent in Mandarin in our Hong Kong and Shanghai offices.
We represent interests across a broad spectrum of industries and businesses and have market-leading positions in, among others, capital markets, M&A, private equity, finance, government enforcement/anti-corruption, and intellectual property.
The firm is built on a foundation of delivering a premier, value-added service at a reasonable cost. Because our clients have unique business needs, including in some cases a preference to work on the basis of alternative fee arrangements, we are flexible and creative in designing custom-tailored pricing plans where appropriate.
Ropes & Gray has always focused on providing clients with the highest quality advice on their most critical legal and business needs. We're a thoroughly contemporary firm that can bring 150 years of legal and institutional history to bear on the challenges clients face in today's global, networked, 24/7 environment. Our collaborative approach means that our clients have ready access to leading corporate, litigation, transactional and regulatory lawyers whose knowledge and experience span industries and geographies.
Ropes & Gray LLPPrudential Tower800 Boylston StreetBoston, MA 02199-3600USAT+1 617 951 7000F+1 617 951 7050
- Suite 36F, Park Place1601 Nanjing Road WestShanghai 200040ChinaT+86 21 6157 5200F+86 21 6157 5299
- 191 North Wacker Drive32nd FloorChicagoIL 60606-4302T+1 312 845 1200F+1 312 845 5500
- 41st Floor, One Exchange Square8 Connaught PlaceCentral, Hong KongT+852 3664 6488F+852 3664 6588
- 5 New Street SquareLondonEC4A 3BFUnited KingdomT+44 20 3122 1100F+44 20 3122 1101
- 1211 Avenue of the AmericasNew YorkNY 10036-8704T+1 212 596 9000F+1 212 596 9090
- Three Embarcadero CenterSan FranciscoCA 94111-4006T+1 415 315 6300F+1 415 315 6350
- POSCO P&S Tower, 21F134 Teheran-ro, Gangnam-guSeoul 135-923KoreaT+82 2 2141 5900F+82 2 2141 5950
- 1900 University Avenue6th FloorEast Palo AltoCA 94303-2284T+1 650 617 4000F+1 650 617 4090
- Yusen Building 2F3-2 Marunouchi 2-ChomeChiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0005JapanT+81 3 6259 3500F+81 3 6259 3501
- One Metro Center700 12th Street, NWSuite 900Washington, DC 20005-3948T+1 202 508 4600F+1 202 508 4650
- Trump and United States federal estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer taxes
- Commercial real estate in the United States: overview
- Private equity in United States: market and regulatory overview
- Sales promotions country questions: UK
- Sales promotions country questions: US
- Investment funds in the United States: regulatory overview
- Investment funds in UK (England and Wales): regulatory overview
- Medicinal product regulation and product liability in China: overview
- Pharmaceutical IP and competition law in China: overview