Nature of practice and clients
With over a century of experience since its establishment in 1912, the firm has achieved a record of success and growth that today makes it the longest established firm and one of the leading firms in Egypt and the Middle East. With over 82 attorneys, counsellors and paralegals, including 14 partners, 15 paralegals and a support staff of over 80 qualified professionals, the firm provides first-rate quality legal services to a broad base of multinational, regional and premium local clients through its offices in Cairo and Alexandria. Shalakany Law Office is the exclusive Egyptian member for Lex Mundi and Meritas.
The firm on average has a significant number of ongoing cases before all levels of the Egyptian courts and handles several high-profile commercial cases each year. The firm prides itself on having a very high success rate in both its litigation and arbitration work.
The client base includes:
- National Gas SAE, an operator in the transmission and distribution of natural gas from production sites to residential, commercial and industrial clients.
- Bentini SPA, a major independent General Contractor Construction Company based in Italy.
- Emaar, one of the leading international residential and commercial property developers and real estate service companies.
- PICO IP, first and largest Egyptian independent oil and gas producer.
- GTH SAE, one of the largest telecom operators in the world.
- Cleopatra Group, a world leader, based in Cairo, in industry, agriculture, real estate, tourism, media, minerals, and mega projects.
- Litat Group, one of the largest steel producers and suppliers in the Middle East.
Shalakany Law Office12 El Marashly StZamalekCairo 11211EgyptT+202 2728 8888T+202 2739 9399F+202 2737 0661F+202 2739 9403
10 Orabi SquareEl ManshiaRamlAlexandriaT+203 484 9998F+203 481 5908