Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
Practical Law Panel Firm: International Arbitration
Because conventional litigation is often not the most effective or available way to resolve a dispute, Hughes Hubbard’s attorneys represent clients in a variety of alternative methods of dispute resolution.
Our arbitration and ADR specialists often become involved with our clients well before a dispute has arisen, working with our transactional lawyers to draft appropriate arbitration or mediation clauses for contracts. Once a dispute arises, Hughes Hubbard lawyers act as advocates and as arbitrators in arbitration and other dispute resolution proceedings in the United States and throughout the world, and under the rules of most of the leading institutions, including the American Arbitration Association, the International Chamber of Commerce, the CPR Institute for Dispute Resolution, the LCIA, the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce, the Vienna Arbitral Centre and the Netherlands Arbitration Institute, as well as in non-administered arbitrations under the UNCITRAL and CPR Rules. Our lawyers participate actively in the activities of many of those institutions.
The many subjects in which we have handled arbitrations include: Antitrust and European Competition Law, Banking, Baseball, Construction and Engineering, Employment and Executive Compensation, Franchising, Government Procurement Contracts, Insurance and Reinsurance, International Compensation Claims, Joint Ventures, Mergers and Acquisitions, Oil and Gas Concessions, Partnership Dissolutions and Disputes, Patent and Technology Licenses, Pharmaceuticals, Power and Energy, Royalty Disputes, Securities Claims, Tax Liability Disputes, Telecommunications, Television and Radio Broadcast Rights, Turnkey Projects.
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP has contributed the following resources to Practical Law International Arbitration:
- Certificate of Group Health Plan Coverage
- Class Arbitration Waiver (US)
- ERISA Plan Asset Rules
- HIPAA Breach Notification Rules
- HIPAA Business Associate Agreement
- HIPAA Business Associate Policy
- HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
- HIPAA Privacy Rule
- HIPAA Security Rule
- How do I appoint an arbitrator?
- Hybrid, multi-tiered and carve-out dispute resolution clauses
- ICC Arbitration (2012 Rules): a step-by-step guide
- ICC arbitration (1998 Rules): a step-by-step guide
- Merger notification flowchart: France
- Minimum procedural standards in international arbitration
- Model Qualified Medical Child Support Order
- Procedures for Identifying Qualified Medical Child Support Orders
- Request for Proposal (RFP) Checklist for Retirement Plans
- US: ad hoc Arbitration Clause
- Value-centric Approaches to International Arbitration
- Which laws apply in international arbitration?